Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All my photos wont back up on iCloud photos

i have enough space available for it to back up all my photos, however when i check on the website iCloud app, it has only backed up photos from last year September. Was wandering if anyone here has had a similar problem and/or know a possible solution?

iPhone 7, iOS 12

Posted on May 5, 2019 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2019 1:49 PM

Note that what you see when you use a computer to go to the Photos app at icloud.com is not from iCloud Backup. The photos there are synced from your devices which have iCloud Photos turned on. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you have iCloud Photos turned on then the photos are not also included in an iCloud Backup. See the following from What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backup only include information and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memos3, shared photos, iCloud Photos, Health data, call history4, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2019 1:49 PM in response to aamir242

Note that what you see when you use a computer to go to the Photos app at icloud.com is not from iCloud Backup. The photos there are synced from your devices which have iCloud Photos turned on. See: Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

If you have iCloud Photos turned on then the photos are not also included in an iCloud Backup. See the following from What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backup only include information and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memos3, shared photos, iCloud Photos, Health data, call history4, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

All my photos wont back up on iCloud photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.