Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

sim not valid

hi sir,mam

I erase all the content and settings from the iphone x by going to settings . Then, when my phone restarted it was saying SIM NOT VALID . Further i visited apple service station i said my problem to them . It was new for them they said we did not seen this problem in their career . Next to it they chat with apple and sent my iphone x to apple in Bangalore (India). They gave me iphone 8 for use till my iphone not received from apple . But when i came to home and inserted the sim to iphone 8 again same problem repeated . what are the causes of this ? how to curve this problem ? please help

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 6, 2019 10:40 AM

16 replies

May 6, 2019 10:58 AM in response to navpreet33

navpreet33 wrote:

no sir both iphones are unlocked . Both are activated on wifi . Apple authorised service care center checked this they said phone carrier is unlocked .

No. It is not. It is carrier locked. Any replacement provided by Apple will be carrier locked exactly as the original was.

IF you were using the original phone previously, that's a strong indication that it was hacked to illegally unlock it.

Only the carrier the phone is locked to can authorize unlocking it.

May 6, 2019 11:46 AM in response to navpreet33

I'm sorry, but you say this is an Apple Authorized Service center, not an actual Apple Store? If so, they are mistaken about this being a software problem. It is an issue with the hardware being locked to a carrier. That is the only time you will receive this error on the iPhone.

in addition to that, if it is a software problem, what is the problem then? They should be able to restore your device to factory and the problem should be resolved. If not, then the device is not unlocked. I suggest you bring the device back to them and have them explain to you what kind of software problem this is that is giving that error.

May 6, 2019 2:00 PM in response to navpreet33

Let me try and explain, since you do not wish to believe anyone else. When your IMEI is entered to replace another IMEI, that clones your account. So, if your original device was locked to a carrier, then the loaner phone would be locked to that same carrier, since it replaces your device on that carrier's network. That is the same as any time that you are provided a replacement phone by Apple. That phone is setup to mirror your current device, including how it is configured on your network, i.e. locked or unlocked. Since your original phone is locked, the loaner is locked.

Just because you don't like the answer, does not make any less true.

sim not valid

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.