Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Batteries not showing up on widgets add list

On my new iPad Air 3rd generation I wanted to add Batteries on my Widget list so I can see the battery levels on my other devices such as iPhone & Apple Watch.

I went to the bottom of my active widget list and picked edit. This gave me a list of current available widgets I could add but there is no Batteries widget to pick. I went to the apple store but no batteries widgets to pick from. There are downloads for a single battery such as to show the power left in my iPad but nothing for multiple battery levels.

I find it strange that my older iPad had batteries on it without having to download the widget.

My current iPad Air is running the newest 12.2 IOS.

Haven't found anything on line to help me. Everything keeps telling me to go to widgets, edit & pick batteries from the more list. Simple if it’s there to pick but It’s not.

Any suggestions?

iPad Air, iOS 12

Posted on May 6, 2019 3:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2019 4:12 PM

That's odd. The Battery Widget is there in my Widget List and works fine on iPad Pro 11.

When you go to edit Widgets, is Battery not at the top with - in red, nor at the bottom with a + in green? If it's at the top with - in red, tap that, which would make it go back to the bottom with a + in green. Tap it if it's there and it should to to the top and show - in red.

If it's not there at all, the next option would be to go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings (NOTE: Preference settings for things like screen brightness etc., will be set back to factory and may require you to reset some commonly used settings)

If you do that, see if the Battery Widget appears now.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2019 4:12 PM in response to Catscan2

That's odd. The Battery Widget is there in my Widget List and works fine on iPad Pro 11.

When you go to edit Widgets, is Battery not at the top with - in red, nor at the bottom with a + in green? If it's at the top with - in red, tap that, which would make it go back to the bottom with a + in green. Tap it if it's there and it should to to the top and show - in red.

If it's not there at all, the next option would be to go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings (NOTE: Preference settings for things like screen brightness etc., will be set back to factory and may require you to reset some commonly used settings)

If you do that, see if the Battery Widget appears now.

Batteries not showing up on widgets add list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.