Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Scam email or real

hello,

i received this email I attached below. I wanted to know if it was a scam of an email or if it was Apple support? Seemed like an unusual email address so I just wanted to verify, because I would like to know if someone really did try to log into my account. Thank you.

Posted on May 7, 2019 6:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2019 6:59 AM

Scam! Apple does not send email if your account is locked. In a message Apple will always address you by your real name, never by your email address or Dear Customer. Also the sent-from address should be @apple.com or @itunes.com Additionally Apple does not send attachments.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Forward it as an attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2019 6:59 AM in response to Jaimarie_11

Scam! Apple does not send email if your account is locked. In a message Apple will always address you by your real name, never by your email address or Dear Customer. Also the sent-from address should be @apple.com or @itunes.com Additionally Apple does not send attachments.

Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Forward it as an attachment to reportphishing@apple.com

Scam email or real

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.