Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

email

Emails in my inbox seem to be deleted after 30 days (change appears to have happened when the operating system was updated a couple months ago). How do I change settings to keep the emails until I delete them to trash?

iMac Pro

Posted on May 7, 2019 1:22 PM

4 replies

May 7, 2019 2:05 PM in response to 5400-QC

Let's take a look at your Comcast email settings in the Mail app to see if we can find anything there that could be helpful. Unfortunately, I do not have a Comcast account, but will try to walk you through using a Gmail account instead. Note; however, you basically only have control over the Junk and Trash mailboxes, not the Inbox

• Go to Mail > Preferences... > Accounts > Gmail > Mailbox Behaviors
  • For both the Junk and Trash mailboxes, you can select the timeframe of when you want messages to be deleted.

The other area to look at is Rules. Is it possible that you have created a rule that is deleting any messages in the Comcast Inbox after 30 days? Finally, I suggest that you log into your Comcast email via a web browser and look there to see if you have any rules configured to do the deletions.

email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.