Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my ipad 1 screen is flickering

My ipad 1 screen is shaking that is flickering. The apps are not steady, jumping up and down, and by itself jumping from one app to another. Please assist me.

Posted on May 8, 2019 5:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2019 4:02 AM

I agree with MIchael. I have an iPad 2, which is a couple of years younger than yours and if it dies, it stays dead. the difference between using it and my mini 4 or newer ipad is astonishing. You don’t realize how slow your old one is until you use a newer one. And most of your apps would also be upgraded to newer versions.

With all technology there is a point where you just have to move on and let go of the older stuff.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2019 4:02 AM in response to MichelPM

I agree with MIchael. I have an iPad 2, which is a couple of years younger than yours and if it dies, it stays dead. the difference between using it and my mini 4 or newer ipad is astonishing. You don’t realize how slow your old one is until you use a newer one. And most of your apps would also be upgraded to newer versions.

With all technology there is a point where you just have to move on and let go of the older stuff.

May 8, 2019 6:20 AM in response to Kings70

Apple Stores will not repair that old 9-year old iPad.

You would need to find a third party electronics repair center that is qualified to work on Apple products, that is certified in logic board repair and microsoldering techniques to get that old an Apple device repaired.

The costs to do this may NOT be worth it!

The 1st gen, 2010 iPad is only worth between $50-$100, at the most!

It will cost more than that for any type of repair.

Maybe time to “bite the bullet” and purchase a new or discounted, refurbished iPad from Apple.

Good Luck!

my ipad 1 screen is flickering

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.