Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is this iPhone XS Max case legit Or Fake?

Hey, sorry if I am wrong here. I just bought a iPhone XS Max silicone case in red and I have concerns that this is fake. I bought if from a guy off eBay. The packaging was very ‚hard‘ and feels weird. My last cases were easy to open, with this one I had to apply pressure to open it.. the case itself feels weird als well and the red looks not good at all.. it was supposed to be the red silicone case

maybe you can help me

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on May 8, 2019 6:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2019 7:49 AM

Looking at the surface it doesn’t seem correct. It very rough and pitted. Also the case looks wrong. Is that supposed to a Red product? As I believe they are only available in Apple Store and their online stores. Also Red product has it stamped on the inside of the case.

4 replies

May 8, 2019 8:03 AM in response to Batman296

It's clearly a fake. Apple would never put their name on something that looks like it was made from waste material. And Assembled in China? How exactly do you "assemble" a one piece product? Though from seanfromllanelli's YouTube link, it looks like there would be two parts. The silicone exterior, and the felt interior.

I could also find no reference at all to any Apple product with the code, L8520.

Is this iPhone XS Max case legit Or Fake?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.