Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 7 plus says "Device Unknown" when I activating it, Which type issue it should be. Hardware? Software? Any idea to resolve it?

Actually I think it is due to hardware faliure, because my phone's lightning fpc connector is broken as I found. Do you think like so?

iPhone 7 Plus

Posted on May 8, 2019 8:35 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2019 1:41 AM

Are you trying to activate it without a SIM card? You can't do it.

See this support guide:

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

or, as suggested in the error message you see, contact Apple Support.

Also, with a broken charging port or cable, you won't be able to connect it to iTunes on a computer.

If you get no help, I would have that device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:

Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2019 1:41 AM in response to thilina274

Are you trying to activate it without a SIM card? You can't do it.

See this support guide:

If you can't activate your iPhone - Apple Support

or, as suggested in the error message you see, contact Apple Support.

Also, with a broken charging port or cable, you won't be able to connect it to iTunes on a computer.

If you get no help, I would have that device inspected at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider:

Apple – Location Selector

Regards

Giulio

My iPhone 7 plus says "Device Unknown" when I activating it, Which type issue it should be. Hardware? Software? Any idea to resolve it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.