Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch series 4 cellular compatibility for India if I purchase watch from USA

I’m planning to buy apple watch with cellular series 4 in USA. Because Currently I’m working in USA. After few months I will shift to India so my question is IF I PURCHSE APPLE WATCH CELLULAR SERIES 4 from USA AND USE IT IN INDIA WITH JIO OR AIRTEL IS IT COMPATIBLE OR ABLE TO WORK?

Posted on May 8, 2019 9:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2019 1:38 AM

To clarify what seanfromllanelli said, a cellular watch purchased in USA will be compatible with the North America cellular frequency bands, and NOT COMPATIBLE with cellular outside North America region. The watch will continue to work when paired to your iPhone but your network in India will be unable to make the standalone cellular functions work. This is a hardware limitation (space in the box) and there is no update to change it after manufacturing.

Details of regional models and compatibility can be found at Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2019 1:38 AM in response to rajagtap

To clarify what seanfromllanelli said, a cellular watch purchased in USA will be compatible with the North America cellular frequency bands, and NOT COMPATIBLE with cellular outside North America region. The watch will continue to work when paired to your iPhone but your network in India will be unable to make the standalone cellular functions work. This is a hardware limitation (space in the box) and there is no update to change it after manufacturing.

Details of regional models and compatibility can be found at Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple

Apple watch series 4 cellular compatibility for India if I purchase watch from USA

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.