Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! How can I do Sumifs wildcard with date ranges ?

I'm trying to construct budgets for personal and businesses in numbers but I cannot seem to figure out how to to SUMIFS condition with Dates... like I want it to automatically read all the 2019/01/??'s in the date column to be able to filter them to a certain graph and chart.

Help! :(.

Thank you again for your time.

B

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 9, 2019 6:16 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2019 8:26 PM

The method used in your formula (and as revised by Badunit requires a second column header containing the date of the start of the 'next month'. You can eliminate the ned for this 'extra' columns at the end of the period recorded by use of the EDATE function to calculate the end date for each period.

Using the same sample table as yours, here is a revised version of the formula as it is entered in B2:

=SUMIFS(AMOUNTS,CATEGORY, $A2, TRANSACTION DATE, ">="&B1, TRANSACTION DATE, "<"&EDATE(B1,1))

Regards,

Barry

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2019 8:26 PM in response to Bdarmy

The method used in your formula (and as revised by Badunit requires a second column header containing the date of the start of the 'next month'. You can eliminate the ned for this 'extra' columns at the end of the period recorded by use of the EDATE function to calculate the end date for each period.

Using the same sample table as yours, here is a revised version of the formula as it is entered in B2:

=SUMIFS(AMOUNTS,CATEGORY, $A2, TRANSACTION DATE, ">="&B1, TRANSACTION DATE, "<"&EDATE(B1,1))

Regards,

Barry

Help! How can I do Sumifs wildcard with date ranges ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.