Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I reset my mothers iPad who is passed away no password

I’m trying to reset my mothers iPad that’s passed away I have no password and it’s possible Apple has put a lock on it

iPad, iOS 9

Posted on May 10, 2019 4:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2019 5:51 PM

You have encountered activation lock and without your moms Apple ID or Password, you can't reset the iPad. The only way you can get Apple to assist you is to take a death certificate and something from her estate saying the iPad is now your property to Apple and they may help you. If there's any way you can find the original purchase receipt, that would be truly helpful.

I'm sorry for your loss and good luck to you.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2019 5:51 PM in response to Hotfirefd

You have encountered activation lock and without your moms Apple ID or Password, you can't reset the iPad. The only way you can get Apple to assist you is to take a death certificate and something from her estate saying the iPad is now your property to Apple and they may help you. If there's any way you can find the original purchase receipt, that would be truly helpful.

I'm sorry for your loss and good luck to you.

how do I reset my mothers iPad who is passed away no password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.