Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email on Apple watch

I’m getting emails on my Apple Watch but they’re stopped appearing on my iPad. I’m using the same Apple ID on both. And I would like to stop getting emails on my Apple Watch.

Apple Watch Series 4, watchOS 5

Posted on May 10, 2019 6:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2019 7:49 PM

When you are in the Watch app, go to Mail, then if you wish to turn them off, tap on Custom, Notifications Off, then where the email accounts are listed, turn them off. You can take a look at the Apple Watch User Guide in iBooks as a free download for the iPhone or iPad as well.

5 replies

May 10, 2019 7:05 PM in response to bgt993

Getting email on your Apple watch is dependent on the settings that you have for the iPhone it is paired to. You would have to check the settings on the phone if you wish to turn off mail on the watch. As far as the iPad, getting mail there would depend on the settings you have on the iPad, and what type of mail account you are using, i.e. POP, IMAP, Exchange, etc.

May 10, 2019 7:30 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

I’ve gone to the settings in the watch app on the iPhone, however I don’t understand which change will end emails going to the watch. I have two email accounts currently showing but I don’t see where to delete or turn off either one. Please bear with me, this is all new to me. Is there a document I can read to better understand how this all works?

Email on Apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.