Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Update

Trying to update my Apple Watch with the latest update but it fails telling me it cannot continue because I’m not connected to the internet. How can I fix this?

Apple Watch Series 3, 5

Posted on May 11, 2019 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 1:08 PM

Ok, as a second check please use the guide Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support as a checklist. If you get a failure please post back and quote the exact failure message rather than an interpreted description.

In the worst case with continued failures you could try setting up a Genius Bar appointment for one to one assistance. Contact Support (link) if you want to go this route.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2019 1:08 PM in response to Spook_5939

Ok, as a second check please use the guide Update your Apple Watch - Apple Support as a checklist. If you get a failure please post back and quote the exact failure message rather than an interpreted description.

In the worst case with continued failures you could try setting up a Genius Bar appointment for one to one assistance. Contact Support (link) if you want to go this route.

May 11, 2019 5:52 AM in response to Spook_5939

Your iPhone needs a WiFi connection to internet so it can download the update for the watch. Check your phone’s WiFi connectivity and make sure your WiFi has full internet access with reasonable speed (not always the case if you are on a public WiFi like a coffee store, and if it is the office WiFi you might be constrained by a firewall restriction)

Apple Watch Update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.