Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mojave Mail does not have 'Manage Plugins' button

I've seen references to this problem but no fix that works for me. Under Mail --> Preferences --> General, I do not have the button to 'Manage Plugins'.

I have tried 'defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles -bool true' and restarted, but the button still doesn't show up.

Posted on May 11, 2019 6:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 7:45 AM

blewis140 wrote:

I uninstalled the plugin (Mailhub, which is explicitly listed as supported on OSX Mojave) and reinstalled it when Mail was not running. I enabled full disk access as described, and restarted Mail. Still not button to manage plugins. The plugin installer says it was successful.

Also, I cannot view the contents of the ~/Library/Mail/Bundles folder, even using sudo privileges. I have full admin rights to both of my Macs.

A reboot of the machine may be in order.

This thread may prove useful:

*Apple Mail plugin with mojave

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8556755

Mojave Mail (v12.0) doesn't pick up mail plugin (i.e., foo.mailbundle)

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/106856

*The way I have always dealt with the mail container is as follows:

Quit mail.

Finder>Go>Go to Folder, copy & Paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Highlight all the contents in this folder

Then right-click and choose "New Folder with Selection”. Do not move the new folder from this current location.

You can close the Finder window.

The next step will be to restart the Mac and test

After the computer is restarted, open the Mail Preferences to see if it opens properly, with your "Manage Plug-in.." visible.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2019 7:45 AM in response to blewis140

blewis140 wrote:

I uninstalled the plugin (Mailhub, which is explicitly listed as supported on OSX Mojave) and reinstalled it when Mail was not running. I enabled full disk access as described, and restarted Mail. Still not button to manage plugins. The plugin installer says it was successful.

Also, I cannot view the contents of the ~/Library/Mail/Bundles folder, even using sudo privileges. I have full admin rights to both of my Macs.

A reboot of the machine may be in order.

This thread may prove useful:

*Apple Mail plugin with mojave

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/8556755

Mojave Mail (v12.0) doesn't pick up mail plugin (i.e., foo.mailbundle)

https://forums.developer.apple.com/thread/106856

*The way I have always dealt with the mail container is as follows:

Quit mail.

Finder>Go>Go to Folder, copy & Paste:

~/Library/Containers/com.apple.mail

Highlight all the contents in this folder

Then right-click and choose "New Folder with Selection”. Do not move the new folder from this current location.

You can close the Finder window.

The next step will be to restart the Mac and test

After the computer is restarted, open the Mail Preferences to see if it opens properly, with your "Manage Plug-in.." visible.

May 11, 2019 7:46 AM in response to blewis140

Then you have a permissions problem in your home folder. Nothing in the Home folder is restricted from the user.

This may help: Resolve issues caused by changing the permissions of items in your home folder - Apple Support

May 11, 2019 7:18 AM in response to blewis140

blewis140 wrote:

I've seen references to this problem but no fix that works for me. Under Mail --> Preferences --> General, I do not have the button to 'Manage Plugins'.

I have tried 'defaults write com.apple.mail EnableBundles -bool true' and restarted, but the button still doesn't show up. \

And what exact Plug-in were you hoping to manage? Is it Mojave compatible? Check the developer website.

Quit Mail.

If it is not present then Launch that associated app/ update the associated app you wish to integrate with Mail Preferences:

If you were using Mail plug-ins when you upgraded to macOS Mojave, click Manage Plug-ins to enable them again.

From >System Preferences>Security & Privacy>Privacy> Full Disk Access you may have to give it permission here.

If it is not already in the list, you may have to add it.

Relaunch Mai.app>Preferences>General

May 11, 2019 6:53 AM in response to blewis140

By default, there is a Manage Plug-ins… on the Mail : Preferences : General panel with Apple Mail in Mojave 10.14.4. It is present on two different Macs here with Mojave 10.14.4 installed.

There is no assurance that any defaults write command that you may have found on the web will now work with Apple Mail, or any other Mac application.

May 11, 2019 7:32 AM in response to leroydouglas

Mojave Mail does not have 'Manage Plugins' button

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.