Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone Xs max, Network issues... Hardware or Software?

Hey there so the wife and I have had our Xs Max's since last September and had little to no issue until here lately and we've had some very odd and peculiar things our iPhones have been doing off and on, my wife's more than mine, keep in mind there both the same exact model except color variation I have "black" she has a "rose gold" both are 512 GB models, Both are operating on the Sprint Network which in my area blows the majority of the competition out of the water... Anyways about 12-13 days ago my wife's phone would NOT dial any numbers except mine, you would dial the number it sometimes would ring one time and then you'd hear double beeps like a "call failed" also her iwatch wasn't working while her phone was powered on only when it was off, I tried soft resets, I tried resetting the network settings, I tried updating the PRL lists, I removed the sim card I even wiped the entire device clean and still the same issue, of course sprint and the advance techs were oblivious, as was I, keep in mind my phone worked perfectly this entire time no issues what so ever sitting directly beside her... So jump forward two days her phone all of a sudden is working, just bam, later that day mine started having the same issue while trying to dial out... After 24 hours it stopped too, it was just blew my mind as what could have been causing the issue... The software was all up to date like always, the network "seemed" to be working well the customer service reps said it looked fine, I checked the "GSM" side of things on the lte spectrum and the download speeds were great and uploads looked perfect... I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this... Thanks

iPhone XS Max, iOS 12

Posted on May 11, 2019 7:44 AM

3 replies

May 11, 2019 11:52 AM in response to spideym

No I didn't honestly didn't even think about it I'm a general manager of a large wireless company so I pretty much ran through all the protocols trying to find a solution, no one seemed to have any answers or even any insight as I didn't either... We haven't had any issues since then though it was just really awkward... Was wondering if we were the only ones to experience it... It may have been in part to sprint turning there VOLTE network on full throttle idk... It didn't seem hardware related or software for that fact... Seemed more network...

Iphone Xs max, Network issues... Hardware or Software?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.