You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone X pictures cloudy when taken with flash at low light

Good day,

I was wondering if anyone knows the reason behind my pictures looking cloudy/ hazy when taken using flash at low light?

I’ve attached a picture below, and would appreciate any form of feedback. Thank you in advance! :)

(For reference, the pillow is white and the bedsheet is light blue)

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 11, 2019 6:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 12, 2019 11:39 AM

Hi jxlew,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. It's great to have you here. I see from your post, your pictures appear cloudy under certain circumstances.

If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working is a helpful article that has some steps that can help you isolate your issue.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Cheers!

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 12, 2019 11:39 AM in response to jxlew

Hi jxlew,

Thanks so much for using Apple Support Communities. It's great to have you here. I see from your post, your pictures appear cloudy under certain circumstances.

If the camera on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch isn't working is a helpful article that has some steps that can help you isolate your issue.

I hope you find this information helpful.

Cheers!

May 12, 2019 12:03 PM in response to jxlew

Do you use a case, if so what sort and could it be influencing the camera/flash, best way to test is take a pic without it.

Also, goes without saying that the face of the camera unit needs to be clean and not greasy, use a micro fibre cloth.

You could also try going to Settings>General>Reset and select “Reset All Settings”, you will not loose any data or content but will have some configuring once the X has rebooted.

iPhone X pictures cloudy when taken with flash at low light

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.