Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Activation lock

Please kindly assist me to activate my ipad which my kids locked it just yesterday. And I tried my best to activate it but I can't. I even tried and changed my password with the other divice. After I gote all Apple I'D and new password, please assist me

Posted on May 11, 2019 7:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2019 9:30 PM

You should not have changed your Apple ID as that won't help, but will actually complicate your issue.

This is what you need to do. Make sure you have the latest version if iTunes (v12.9.x) running on your home computer, then erase/restore your iPad by following the directions in this link EXACTLY: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you change your Apple ID, you will need to re-download all the apps on your iPad under the new ID. Apps are forever tied to the Apple ID they were originally downloaded under, so changing your ID was the wrong move.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2019 9:30 PM in response to hussain32

You should not have changed your Apple ID as that won't help, but will actually complicate your issue.

This is what you need to do. Make sure you have the latest version if iTunes (v12.9.x) running on your home computer, then erase/restore your iPad by following the directions in this link EXACTLY: If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled - Apple Support

If you change your Apple ID, you will need to re-download all the apps on your iPad under the new ID. Apps are forever tied to the Apple ID they were originally downloaded under, so changing your ID was the wrong move.

Activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.