Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Disabled Phone

I have disabled my phone by trying to reset my passcode. I have very important pics/videos that I don't want to lose. My icloud stopped backing up because it was full. Is there any way to backup my pics while it's disabled? It won't even connect to iTunes.

iPhone XR, iOS 12

Posted on May 12, 2019 6:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 12, 2019 6:37 AM

No, sorry. No backup = No recovery.

If it isn't recognized by iTunes, it's because the device (when connected via USB) must be ON / Unlocked.

See this support guide: If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

and/or

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

(take a look to their sub-links too).

Regards

Giulio

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 12, 2019 6:37 AM in response to Sam_XRXR

No, sorry. No backup = No recovery.

If it isn't recognized by iTunes, it's because the device (when connected via USB) must be ON / Unlocked.

See this support guide: If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

and/or

If you forgot the passcode for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, or your device is disabled

(take a look to their sub-links too).

Regards

Giulio

May 12, 2019 6:40 AM in response to Sam_XRXR

No. Unfortunately you must erase the phone in order to (re) enable it. Check out photo stream. You should be able to recuperate the last 1000 photos you took (if you have it enabled). Did you manage to remember the passcode? Assuming you could backup now, you would need the passcode in order to access the phone once restored.

Sorry.

Disabled Phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.