Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

boot camp software update on windows can not run correctly

hi

I have macbook pro and mac osx high siera 10.13.6 is run in. I have tried to install windows. its installed correctly. when for first time its come up and software update was installed, I understood that i dont have right click. actually setup.exe on bootcamp driver has been installed successfully. It is cleared exactly bootcamp app that should install and with that I can do my favorite setting on windows, has not been installed.

I try more that 3 times to install windows and driver but cant.

even I download ohere version of bootcamp that it not run on my system.

bootcamp version is 5.1.5621

macbook pro 15 inch early 2011

Posted on May 12, 2019 11:03 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 13, 2019 5:32 AM

• A clean W10 installation on a 2011 (or older Mac) is not supported by Apple.
  • BC 5.x drivers are not certified for W10.
  • If you must have W10,
    • First install W7/W8.1 using the built-in Optical drive.
    • Once Windows is fully functional, you can upgrade to W10 in-place.
  • Be aware that there is no supported mechanism for repairing a W10 installation on a 2011 or older Mac.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 13, 2019 5:32 AM in response to farshid70

• A clean W10 installation on a 2011 (or older Mac) is not supported by Apple.
  • BC 5.x drivers are not certified for W10.
  • If you must have W10,
    • First install W7/W8.1 using the built-in Optical drive.
    • Once Windows is fully functional, you can upgrade to W10 in-place.
  • Be aware that there is no supported mechanism for repairing a W10 installation on a 2011 or older Mac.

boot camp software update on windows can not run correctly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.