Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Locked Notes

I’ve looked through some other questions people have left and not a sine on has been any help. I licked my notes a while ago, i could use my passcode to unlock them and relock them, but now its asking for a password, and i didnt even set one. I have no idea how to unlock them now ive tried resetting the password but that only works for notes you are going to lock. What would be the best thing to unlocking the notes??

iPhone 6

Posted on May 14, 2019 2:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2019 8:46 AM

If you have forgotten your password for Locked Notes, and you do not remember the Hint answer, then there is nothing that can be done.

Set up your notes password

Before you can lock your notes, create a password that you can easily remember. And make sure that you give yourself a password hint. If you forget your password, Apple can't help you reset it.

If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, you'll use the same notes password to lock and unlock all of them.

If you forgot your notes password

You can unlock a note only when you enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. But it will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password. This could lead to you having multiple notes with different passwords.

If you have multiple passwords, you can't tell which password you should use when you look at your notes in the Notes list. When you open a note locked by your old password but enter your current password, you'll see an alert that you entered the wrong password with a hint for your old one. If you then enter the correct old password, you get the option to update that note's password to your current one.

Lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT205794

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2019 8:46 AM in response to skye1702

If you have forgotten your password for Locked Notes, and you do not remember the Hint answer, then there is nothing that can be done.

Set up your notes password

Before you can lock your notes, create a password that you can easily remember. And make sure that you give yourself a password hint. If you forget your password, Apple can't help you reset it.

If you access your iCloud notes on more than one Apple device, you'll use the same notes password to lock and unlock all of them.

If you forgot your notes password

You can unlock a note only when you enter the password that it's locked with. If you forgot your password, Apple can't help you regain access to your locked notes.

You can create a new password, but this won’t give you access to your old notes. But it will let you password protect any notes that you create going forward with the new password. This could lead to you having multiple notes with different passwords.

If you have multiple passwords, you can't tell which password you should use when you look at your notes in the Notes list. When you open a note locked by your old password but enter your current password, you'll see an alert that you entered the wrong password with a hint for your old one. If you then enter the correct old password, you get the option to update that note's password to your current one.

Lock notes on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Mac - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-hk/HT205794

Locked Notes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.