Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can you change the volume on Apple TV using the remote on iPhone

Using remote for Apple TV on iphone

iPhone X

Posted on May 14, 2019 7:46 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2019 8:06 AM

After you select and play content

After you tap play, you'll see three more controls in your Apple TV Remote app:

• Fast-forward: Tap  to skip ten seconds ahead in a video. Or tap  to fast-forward in a song.
  • Rewind: Tap  to skip ten seconds back in a video. Or tap  to rewind in a song.
  • Details: Tap Details to see an overview of the content you're playing. For music, you can change your shuffle or repeat settings, or swipe up to choose what to play next. For iTunes movies and TV shows, you can swipe up to change your audio and subtitle settings. Then tap  to return to the previous view.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201664

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 14, 2019 8:06 AM in response to gedgedr

After you select and play content

After you tap play, you'll see three more controls in your Apple TV Remote app:

• Fast-forward: Tap  to skip ten seconds ahead in a video. Or tap  to fast-forward in a song.
  • Rewind: Tap  to skip ten seconds back in a video. Or tap  to rewind in a song.
  • Details: Tap Details to see an overview of the content you're playing. For music, you can change your shuffle or repeat settings, or swipe up to choose what to play next. For iTunes movies and TV shows, you can swipe up to change your audio and subtitle settings. Then tap  to return to the previous view.

Set up the Apple TV Remote on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ...

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201664

May 14, 2019 8:20 AM in response to KiltedTim

It works on my TV and receiver just fine. I have a Vizio TV and a Pioneer receiver. Both use infrared remotes but I can adjust the volume with my iPhone even from another room. In fact we do that often when the kids have the volume up too high.

I believe one of my kids said it works as well with the Apple Watch but I haven’t tested that.

Can you change the volume on Apple TV using the remote on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.