Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not backed up on icloud

Hi, I accidentally restarted my phone back to factory settings and lost all my photos and data. I did not back anything up onto iCloud and was wondering how to recover this lost data, is there any chance of this happening?

Thanks

anisa

iPhone 6s

Posted on May 15, 2019 9:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2019 9:35 AM

Did you use iCloud Photo? If so, sign back into iCloud and turn photos back on in your iCloud settings to sync them back. Your contacts in iCloud, messages (if you used messages in iCloud) should also sync back.

But other data is not sync’d to iCloud, so without an iCloud or iTunes backup file to restore, those data are gone and there is no way to get them back since you never backed them up anywhere.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2019 9:35 AM in response to anisa241

Did you use iCloud Photo? If so, sign back into iCloud and turn photos back on in your iCloud settings to sync them back. Your contacts in iCloud, messages (if you used messages in iCloud) should also sync back.

But other data is not sync’d to iCloud, so without an iCloud or iTunes backup file to restore, those data are gone and there is no way to get them back since you never backed them up anywhere.

Photos not backed up on icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.