Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Sound on iPhone

My iPhone thinks it is attached to headphones when it isn't. This morning I found that I had no sound when going through my Facebook postings. I tried various things, then noticed that when I checked the volume on my speakers, it said "Headphone." So I tried again to find a place to turn Headphones off, but couldn't do so. Finally, I found a set of headphones and plugged it in, and now I can use my phone, but can't move around very efficiently. I know there must be an easy fix for this, but I can't find it. Thanks for any help.

Dorothy Steedle

iPhone 6s Plus, iOS 12

Posted on May 15, 2019 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 15, 2019 2:54 PM

Plug and unplug the headphone jack several times to exercise the switching contacts. If that doesn’t help, forced reset your phone - press and hold both the side button and the home button (together, about 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then release and let the phone reboot.

If that hat doesn’t fix it you could have a defective headphone socket, Contact Support and get the hardware checked by Apple Service or arrange a Genius Bar appointment.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 15, 2019 2:54 PM in response to DoJean56

Plug and unplug the headphone jack several times to exercise the switching contacts. If that doesn’t help, forced reset your phone - press and hold both the side button and the home button (together, about 10 seconds) until the Apple logo appears, then release and let the phone reboot.

If that hat doesn’t fix it you could have a defective headphone socket, Contact Support and get the hardware checked by Apple Service or arrange a Genius Bar appointment.

No Sound on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.