Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does anyone have a clue on how much apple charges to repair water damage ?

I got a brand new Mac book pro had it for about 2 months now and just lastnight I had a accident where I dropped a cup on my desk and some liquid splashed on my computer it didn’t shut off right away but after about 5 mins it just shut off and wouldn’t turn back on .Does anyone have a clue on how much apple charges to repair water damage ?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 16, 2019 4:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2019 4:11 AM

If you purchased AppleCare+ you can get your computer repaired for damages caused by an accident for $99 external case or screen, everything else $299. You get two accident incident repairs. If you didn't purchase AppleCare+ the cost will be determined by what components need to be replaced and that can't be determined until a tech opens it up.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 16, 2019 4:11 AM in response to Robertleedoe03

If you purchased AppleCare+ you can get your computer repaired for damages caused by an accident for $99 external case or screen, everything else $299. You get two accident incident repairs. If you didn't purchase AppleCare+ the cost will be determined by what components need to be replaced and that can't be determined until a tech opens it up.

May 16, 2019 7:12 AM in response to Robertleedoe03

With AppleCare+ in the USA it is $299 due to liquid damage. They would be able to determine that during the repair. Liquid damage gets sent to a repair center so expect a week or more for repair.

Without AppleCare+ it depends completely on machine. At cheapest it would be $755 + Tax all the way up to $1475 + Tax. The higher cost is typical of 15" machines, lower cost is typical of smaller/older machines.

Hopefully you purchased AppleCare+

Does anyone have a clue on how much apple charges to repair water damage ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.