Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't download album artwork from iTunes

I am currently loading my vast CD selection into iTunes but for many albums when I choose the option to Get Album Artwork, this isn't downloaded. Bizarrely if I click on "View album in store" it takes me directly to the same album and shows the artwork, so iTunes does recognise the album. Have viewed similar posts but not seen any suggestions that work. Can anyone help?

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.13

Posted on May 16, 2019 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 16, 2019 12:09 PM

iTunes can fail to get matching art when there is more than one potential match in the store, as well as none. Rather than worry about it I'd suggest a Google image search and adding the best image you can find will take less time and effort.

tt2

4 replies

May 17, 2019 10:35 AM in response to turingtest2

thank you tt2 - that is pretty much what I did in the end. In most cases if I select the option to view the album in the iTunes Store it takes me direct to the album (which makes it a nonsense that it can't find the artwork!). Anyway, once there I click on the album and when it takes me to the next level with a slightly larger image of the cover I do a "shift+cmd+4" and when the crosshairs come up I select the outline of the cover. This then saves to my desktop so I open it and export to my hard drive, renaming as necessary. Back to iTunes and if you go to "Album Info" and click on the Artwork tab, you can click on the button at the bottom to add artwork, then I just select the file I saved and voila!

Apologies, I am sure you are bright enough to know all that but I just explained in case someone else had the same issue and came across my post :) Much appreciate your feedback - thank you

Can't download album artwork from iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.