Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pink tint around the edge

I have a new 2017 5k 27" iMac. Recently I noticed that when I look at the screen from an angle, it has a pink tint, but only at an angle. The color change is most prevalent on the left side but can be seen on the right to some degree. If you look at the screen straight on and glance to the left you can see a pink tint. The greater the angle the greater the color change. However, If you move parallel to the left side of the screen the tint goes away. I have removed all external devices, extra ram and moved the computer to another room. I have wiped the computer and even after recovery mode, it is still there.

Does anyone have any ideas? Either on how to fix it or make it more visible so Apple can fix it.

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on May 17, 2019 3:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2019 8:57 AM

Hi, kani274 !

This problem could be the result of several hardware issues, and even possibly a firmware issue. Unfortunately, there is no shortcut to be found here. The only way to properly diagnose and repair the iMac is to make an appointment at an Apple Store Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider. In no event should you attempt anything to make the problem "more visible" as this runs a non-zero risk of voiding any warranty that is in place.

I hope this helps, and good luck !

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2019 8:57 AM in response to kani274

Hi, kani274 !

This problem could be the result of several hardware issues, and even possibly a firmware issue. Unfortunately, there is no shortcut to be found here. The only way to properly diagnose and repair the iMac is to make an appointment at an Apple Store Genius Bar or Apple Authorized Service Provider. In no event should you attempt anything to make the problem "more visible" as this runs a non-zero risk of voiding any warranty that is in place.

I hope this helps, and good luck !

Pink tint around the edge

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.