Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Devices list has a device I do not recognize as one of mine

When I login to my Apple account under Devices, there is a MAcBook Air 13" listed that is NOT one of mine. How do I delete this device?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.12

Posted on May 17, 2019 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2019 9:48 AM

You are welcome. If you have changed the password, that should prevent anyone from signing into your Apple ID. If you were able to change the ID, someone may have accessed your account, but they didn't take control of it. Your Apple ID password and your email password are 2 different things unless your Apple ID email is an @iCloud, @Me or an @Mac address. If it is one of those, the password change would change the password for the email.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2019 9:48 AM in response to Rooster1990

You are welcome. If you have changed the password, that should prevent anyone from signing into your Apple ID. If you were able to change the ID, someone may have accessed your account, but they didn't take control of it. Your Apple ID password and your email password are 2 different things unless your Apple ID email is an @iCloud, @Me or an @Mac address. If it is one of those, the password change would change the password for the email.

May 17, 2019 9:34 AM in response to Eric Root

Eric Root - Thanks I removed the Mac, but in doing so it gave a notice saying it will still be listed if logged in. Any idea how the Mac was listed under my Devices. Has the account been hacked? I have changed password.

Only Apple using ipad mini as TV remotes. But login is my email account. If someone logged into the Apple account can they get into my email account?

Sorry I am a tech challenged!!

Devices list has a device I do not recognize as one of mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.