Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing NatGeo screensavers on new iMac

My old 2009 iMac died two weeks ago. Today I am setting up my new iMac and I wanted to use the National Geographic screensaver but it's not there. Any idea if I can access it somewhere? Thanks!

iMac 21.5", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 17, 2019 11:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 17, 2019 12:22 PM

Well, I figured it out with VikingOSX's help. I copied the 17 jpgs onto a flash drive, pasted them onto my desktop, then moved them into my /library/screen savers folder; then I opened preferences, clicked on screen savers, choose folder, and searched for Screen Savers, and double-clicked on the folder. Voila! It worked. Thanks!!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 17, 2019 12:22 PM in response to smartblondegirl

Well, I figured it out with VikingOSX's help. I copied the 17 jpgs onto a flash drive, pasted them onto my desktop, then moved them into my /library/screen savers folder; then I opened preferences, clicked on screen savers, choose folder, and searched for Screen Savers, and double-clicked on the folder. Voila! It worked. Thanks!!

May 17, 2019 12:55 PM in response to smartblondegirl

I know that you already solved this, but here is what I did.

Opened Terminal on a High Sierra 10.13.6 and:

1. cd /Library/Screen Savers/Default*
  2. zip -r ~/Desktop/"National Geographic".zip "1-National Geographic"
  3. Moved the preceding .zip file to Mojave
  4. On Mojave, cd /Library/Screen\ Savers/Default*
  5. sudo unzip ~/Desktop/"National Geographic".zip

May 17, 2019 12:03 PM in response to smartblondegirl

Apple dropped it in Mojave, though it was in High Sierra in /Library/Screen Savers/Default Collections as 1-National Geographic folder. Unless you have access to a Mac or a Time Machine backup that contains this National Geographic content, you won't be able to add it to Mojave. You should be familiar with the Terminal command-line and have sudo privileges to write into the above folder location.

I zipped up the folder on High Sierra, and copied and unzipped it into the above folder location on Mojave. It works.

Missing NatGeo screensavers on new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.