Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Newsroom Update

Apple and Major League Baseball announce July “Friday Night Baseball” schedule. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can’t get past the data & privacy screen

After what appears to be an update, the Apple TV is stuck on this screen. (Image attached)

The Apple TV is 3rd Generation and it is plugged via ethernet cable to my local network.

I don't have the original control, so I use my phone. But in this screen the Apple TV doesn't appear on my iPhone, iPad or Share screen on my Mac. Trying to restore, but if the update occurs I'm afraid I'll fall back to the same issue.

Posted on May 17, 2019 7:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2019 7:32 AM

Hi, could you be a bit more specific on the remote app you used? i have downloaded the Apple TV Remote (and assume this is what you mean by ATV) but when trying to connect it says i need to input a 4 digit pin in the settings->general->remote...obviously i cant get to that screen as i dont have a remote.... (ridiculous situation to be in tbh!!!)

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2019 7:32 AM in response to olsenolson

Hi, could you be a bit more specific on the remote app you used? i have downloaded the Apple TV Remote (and assume this is what you mean by ATV) but when trying to connect it says i need to input a 4 digit pin in the settings->general->remote...obviously i cant get to that screen as i dont have a remote.... (ridiculous situation to be in tbh!!!)

Jun 27, 2019 5:40 AM in response to olsenolson

I experienced this tonight and read up on this and had little hope of fixing it but luckily I managed to bypass it.

my Apple TV wouldn’t connect to my wifi as I had taken it with me overseas and hooked up to wifi there, tonight was the first time I’ve turned it on since coming back. I just connected it via internet cable and used my remote app to connect and select “continue” I had to reset the network back to my wifi settings and then it worked. Good luck

I can’t get past the data & privacy screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.