Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch not tracking heart rate while sleeping

i have an Apple Watch series 3 that I have started to try to wear while I sleep. I put it in theater mode to lock the screen. But when I wake up and turn off theater mode, there is no heart rate tracking during that time. Is there a correct way to have the watch collect heart rate data while sleeping and is theater mode the right setting to put the watch in. I did install a sleep app called Pillow but it has not heart data (it has the permissions turned on) because the Health app has not data for that period either.

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on May 18, 2019 9:01 AM

4 replies

May 18, 2019 9:10 AM in response to jaybytez

Yes, the Apple Watch can be used to track sleep. ... The Apple Watch does not come out-of-the-box with a "baked-in" feature for tracking sleep, but you cansimply download an Apple Watch App (like SleepWatch) available on the AppleApp Store to add automatic sleep tracking as a feature to your Apple Watch now.

Apple Watch not tracking heart rate while sleeping

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.