Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text messages from one user have stopped coming into my iPhone

Me: iPhoneX

Other user: Android device

On May 11th, we were able to successfully txt each other. The day after (and it turns out all this week), TXTs from the other user are not reaching my device. My messages reach the other user. Carrier support has been useless, and I'm unsure how to proceed.

I don't want to ditch my iPhone. This is my 1st one, and I love so many of the features. However reliable text messaging is imperative. Does anyone have suggestions? I'm going back to the point of purchase on Tuesday (long weekend), to see if they have any advice.

A co-worker experienced the same issue last year, and advised me to delete the entire text conversation history, delete the contact, reboot, and have the other user send me a text. That didn't work either. My greatest concern here is that I'm missing other (work related) texts and I don't even know it. My confidence in the device is shaken.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 18, 2019 2:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2019 11:50 AM

A followup for the community. Initial SMS messages from the Android (Other) User were sent with a 10digit mobile number, prior to adding me as a contact on the device.

I discovered that, upon entering my mobile number to 'contacts' on the android device, the area code was omitted. Assisted the other user in removing our conversation history, removing my contact, and re-adding with a 10 digit mobile number that included the area code. This allowed the other user to again successfully send SMS to me. Cheers to Jeremy V for the followup response.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2019 11:50 AM in response to mike709nl

A followup for the community. Initial SMS messages from the Android (Other) User were sent with a 10digit mobile number, prior to adding me as a contact on the device.

I discovered that, upon entering my mobile number to 'contacts' on the android device, the area code was omitted. Assisted the other user in removing our conversation history, removing my contact, and re-adding with a 10 digit mobile number that included the area code. This allowed the other user to again successfully send SMS to me. Cheers to Jeremy V for the followup response.

May 19, 2019 10:56 AM in response to mike709nl

Hello mike709nl,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand your issue is not being able to receive messages from one contact that uses an Android device, as well as your coworkers.

I recommend you follow the steps here if you’re unable to send and receive messages: If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For any SMS messages not received, please contact your wireless carrier. You can locate your wireless carrier’s contact information here: Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support

Take care.

Text messages from one user have stopped coming into my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.