Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for Driver software for HP dvd writer dvd630c, to work with Mac OSX on a iMac Retina K, 27", 2014 running OSX 10.14.3.

Looking for Driver software for my HP dvd writer dvd630c, to work with Mac OSX on a iMac Retina 5K, 27",

(Late 2014), running OSX 10.14.3 - Mojave. I am trying to install Toast 16 Pro off the DVD onto my iMac 27" (2014) Retina 5K, which comes without a DVD drive bay. (I wouldn't have bought it if I had known.) I tried the HP web site and they sent me to Apple. I Havent yet been able to find anything on Apple's site. Any help would be appreciated. THANKS!

iMac with Retina 5K display, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 18, 2019 11:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 19, 2019 2:39 AM

If HP doesn't provide a driver then either a specialized driver is not needed or the drive is not supported with Mojave or a Mac.

Have you tried another DVD to see if the drive works? Have you tried the Toast DVD in another drive or computer? Have you tried connecting the DVD drive to a Windows PC?

Unplug the DVD drive and connect another USB device to the same USB port on the iMac. Does the USB device work? I had to resort to connecting all my USB devices to a powered USB3 hub instead of directly to my Mac because I had issues with the Mac USB ports when using some drives.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 19, 2019 2:39 AM in response to Ronald Prochat

If HP doesn't provide a driver then either a specialized driver is not needed or the drive is not supported with Mojave or a Mac.

Have you tried another DVD to see if the drive works? Have you tried the Toast DVD in another drive or computer? Have you tried connecting the DVD drive to a Windows PC?

Unplug the DVD drive and connect another USB device to the same USB port on the iMac. Does the USB device work? I had to resort to connecting all my USB devices to a powered USB3 hub instead of directly to my Mac because I had issues with the Mac USB ports when using some drives.

Looking for Driver software for HP dvd writer dvd630c, to work with Mac OSX on a iMac Retina K, 27", 2014 running OSX 10.14.3.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.