Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does anyone know why it gives me an option to choose the profiles tab when there are no profiles registered on my iPhone

does anyone know why it gives me an option to choose the profiles tab when there are no profiles registered on my iPhone

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on May 19, 2019 8:16 AM

1 reply

May 19, 2019 8:27 AM in response to Profiles_

Install a configuration profile on your iPhone or iPad

Learn how to install a profile in iOS 12.2 or later.

When you download a configuration profile from a website or an email message in iOS 12.2 or later, including profiles to enroll in Mobile Device Management, you need to go to the Settings app to install it.

Install a profile

After you download a profile,* you’ll see the message "Profile Downloaded". To install the profile, follow these steps:

1. Open the Settings app.
  2. Tap Profile Downloaded.
  3. Tap Install in the upper-right corner, then follow the onscreen instructions.

* You can have only one profile ready to install at a time. For example, if you download a profile and don't install it, and then download a second profile, only the second profile is available to be installed. If a profile is not installed within 8 minutes of downloading it, it is automatically deleted. 

About profiles installed by Mobile Device Management

If you're a system administrator, you can install profiles without any interaction from the user on devices enrolled in Mobile Device Management (MDM). To enroll a device in MDM, use Apple School Manager or Apple Business Manager, or manually install an enrollment profile.

Install a configuration profile on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT209435

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.