Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging issue

Hi all,

My MacBook is having a hard time charging. The charger is actually broken… The magnetic piece stays attached to the computer when I unplug it. (So that’s why I have it saran wrapped right now)

When I have it plugged in, there is a faint green light but not the normal green light that tells me it’s charging. I can’t get it to charge.

Posted on May 19, 2019 9:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:30 PM

You've already answered your own question as there is some problem with the charger or the magsafe port on the laptop, but I cannot tell what from your description or the photo. If pieces related to the charging system are loose or broken, then you should not be using them as it could pose a safety hazard to both you and your laptop. Take both the laptop and charger to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be checked out. If the damage is limited to just the charger and its cable, then purchase another one from the Apple.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 1:30 PM in response to tylersarah

You've already answered your own question as there is some problem with the charger or the magsafe port on the laptop, but I cannot tell what from your description or the photo. If pieces related to the charging system are loose or broken, then you should not be using them as it could pose a safety hazard to both you and your laptop. Take both the laptop and charger to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to be checked out. If the damage is limited to just the charger and its cable, then purchase another one from the Apple.

Charging issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.