Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t update watch

there’s an Error: not connected to internet but I am.

I cant delete the software update file. I’ve restarted both the watch and my phone to no avail. This is frustrating!

Apple Watch Series 3, watchOS 5

Posted on May 20, 2019 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 4:31 PM

Are both your iPhone and Apple Watch connected to WiFi? Both must be connected and the Watch has to be on the charger. If both are connected to WiFi and the Watch is charged/charging, try restarting your Watch by pressing and holding the Side Button and swiping on the “power off” slider. Then press and hold the Side Button again to turn it back on and try the update again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 4:31 PM in response to sash3rs

Are both your iPhone and Apple Watch connected to WiFi? Both must be connected and the Watch has to be on the charger. If both are connected to WiFi and the Watch is charged/charging, try restarting your Watch by pressing and holding the Side Button and swiping on the “power off” slider. Then press and hold the Side Button again to turn it back on and try the update again.

Can’t update watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.