Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bluetooth and notifications

Every article I have read says that when the iPhone is connected to a Bluetooth device that your text notifications etc. will only come through the paired Bluetooth.

My issue is this ; I do not have a vehicle with Bluetooth in it but I drive for a living. I have a Bluetooth headset which goes in one ear only with the microphone that I use for all my calls .

I do not have this in my ear constantly as it rests on the dash on the charger when I am not using it. I have only had this phone for three days and I have noticed that when I am at work and it is paired with my Bluetooth headset I do not receive any notification sounds from the phone speaker itself, However the phone calls still come through on the phone speaker.

I have a brand new iPhone xs and This is my very first iPhone I have been an android user for years.

Is there anyway possible to get my notifications to come through the phone speaker and not my Bluetooth headset as I don't hear them when I am not wearing the ear piece.

I am happy to try out any third-party apps which will make this work for me.

Thanks in advance

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on May 20, 2019 7:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 7:22 AM

You can change audio output from the Headphones back to the iPhone at any point.

Bring up Control Center, and hold on the media controls widget to open it, then on the Airplay icon on the top left corner, and then select the iPhone from the list of audio outputs to switch the audio back to the iPhone speaker.

Alternatively, you can disconnect from the bluetooth device by tapping on the bluetooth icon in control center and this will make all sounds return to the phone.

Also make sure ring volume is set sufficiently loud for the iPhone.

Similar questions

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 7:22 AM in response to Driveroftrucks

You can change audio output from the Headphones back to the iPhone at any point.

Bring up Control Center, and hold on the media controls widget to open it, then on the Airplay icon on the top left corner, and then select the iPhone from the list of audio outputs to switch the audio back to the iPhone speaker.

Alternatively, you can disconnect from the bluetooth device by tapping on the bluetooth icon in control center and this will make all sounds return to the phone.

Also make sure ring volume is set sufficiently loud for the iPhone.

Bluetooth and notifications

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.