Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restriction password on iphone

Also in my parenting an autistic kiddo fatigued mind I forgot to a) write down the restriction password for her iPhone b) have now forgotten the passcode having not used the code for 3 weeks!

Can someone help me as I need to adjust the setting for her and I am not getting anywhere with regards to remembering this code! Please note this phone was not backed up to iTunes or anything else so that is not a backdoor in! It also only has Spin as internet access on it at present.

Thank you all. cheers lorrie">

iPhone 5, iOS 10

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 20, 2019 1:09 PM

The only way to reset a forgotten restrictions passcode is to erase the device by restoring it in iTunes (or use settings, general, reset, erase all content & settings). Even if you had a backup, you couldn’t use it as the backup would restore the forgotten restrictions PIN.

You will have to erase it and set it up all over again.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 20, 2019 1:09 PM in response to lorrie1464

The only way to reset a forgotten restrictions passcode is to erase the device by restoring it in iTunes (or use settings, general, reset, erase all content & settings). Even if you had a backup, you couldn’t use it as the backup would restore the forgotten restrictions PIN.

You will have to erase it and set it up all over again.

restriction password on iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.