Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

System is not functioning after most recent update

I updated my computer and now my systems preference will not open. Nor with my messenger app. It shows when I have texts but will not open. My safari and google chrome did not open for a couple of trys but after multiple restarts I got them open.

iMac 21.5" 4K, macOS 10.14

Posted on May 20, 2019 4:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2019 12:45 PM

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later. Please post if this worked or not.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2019 12:45 PM in response to cristencd

Try setting up another admin user account to see if the same problem continues. If Back-to-My Mac is selected in System Preferences, the Guest account will not work. The intent is to see if it is specific to one account or a system wide problem. This account can be deleted later. Please post if this worked or not.

Isolating an issue by using another user account 

May 21, 2019 10:13 AM in response to cristencd

Safe Boot from the HD, (holding Shift key down at bootup), does the problem occur in Safe Mode?

EtreCheck is a simple little app to display the important details of your system configuration and allow you to copy that information to the Clipboard. It is meant to be used with Apple Support Communities to help people help you with your Mac.

http://www.etresoft.com/etrecheck

Use the Note tool on the bottom of this editor's toolbar, as shown in the image, to copy and paste the output from EtreCheck.

System is not functioning after most recent update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.