Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to download songs on my itunes.

I am not able to download any songs from my itunes on mac. Whenever i click on the download option one white blank tabs opens up. i don't know what to do. Please provide me with a solution!

MacBook

Posted on May 21, 2019 7:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2019 8:09 PM

Hi there, niishiitas,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you are trying to download songs from Apple Music using iTunes on your Mac, but every time you try you see a blank white box appear. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've shared, I recommend going through the following steps. Try them each one at a time, testing between. You may stop when the issue is resolved:

1. Quit iTunes by pressing Command+Q or choosing iTunes > Quit iTunes from the menu bar. Then, restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support. Hold shift while opening iTunes, then test.
  2. Check for, and install, any available updates to your Mac: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support and iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support.
  3. See if the issue occurs in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. This article will help you boot to safe mode, as well as provide some details as to why this will help.
  4. See if the issue occurs in a new user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support. This article will help you set up a new user, but will also give you some information on what to do if the issue does, or does not, occur.

If you still need help, don't hesitate to respond back.

Best.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2019 8:09 PM in response to niishiitas

Hi there, niishiitas,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you are trying to download songs from Apple Music using iTunes on your Mac, but every time you try you see a blank white box appear. I'm happy to help!

Based on what you've shared, I recommend going through the following steps. Try them each one at a time, testing between. You may stop when the issue is resolved:

1. Quit iTunes by pressing Command+Q or choosing iTunes > Quit iTunes from the menu bar. Then, restart your Mac: How to turn your Mac on or off - Apple Support. Hold shift while opening iTunes, then test.
  2. Check for, and install, any available updates to your Mac: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support and iTunes: Update to the latest version of iTunes - Apple Support.
  3. See if the issue occurs in safe mode: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support. This article will help you boot to safe mode, as well as provide some details as to why this will help.
  4. See if the issue occurs in a new user: How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac - Apple Support. This article will help you set up a new user, but will also give you some information on what to do if the issue does, or does not, occur.

If you still need help, don't hesitate to respond back.

Best.

Unable to download songs on my itunes.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.