Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch LTE with a different number than iPhone

Hi,

in Italy there isn'n carrier that support e-sim for iPhone XS / XS Max / XR but Vodafone support e-sim for Apple Watch LTE with One Number option (replicate same number and data plan from one physical sim to e-sim).

I have an (strange) idea, if I activate a Vodafone sim (phisical sim) and after that replicate this number in Apple Watch with e-sim technology, can I (after pairing whit Watch) remove that sim from iPhone and use different number?

What I want do is a dual sim system where first number is in iPhone and second number is in Apple Watch. Can it work?

iPhone XS

Posted on May 21, 2019 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2019 11:12 AM

Read this to help you

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT209043

5 replies

May 21, 2019 1:22 PM in response to xxx360

Apple Watch is designed to be paired to your iPhone and configured on the calling plan to share the same number. What you are planning would probably work for a short time before causing mayhem in the data transferred over Bluetooth between your phone and watch. One critical problem might be incoming calls to the new phone number which would also be forwarded to the watch, but from the wrong phone number.

Apple Watch LTE with a different number than iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.