Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone X restarts & battery drops to 1%

As the title states, only I’ve had my iPhone X since launch & my plan will actually be up before the end of the year. I just want to know if I’m the only one still experiencing this or not & if there’s a fix for it yet?

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on May 21, 2019 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2019 5:38 PM

It's almost certain that you need a replacement battery based on this symptom.

What does it say under Settings > Battery as to your battery health %?

How long can you use your iPhone X on this 1% battery power before it shuts off?

If your iPhone X is in otherwise good condition (such as no cracked screen) I would advise getting battery service at the Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. At the Apple Stores in the US this runs $49.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2019 5:38 PM in response to Xahero

It's almost certain that you need a replacement battery based on this symptom.

What does it say under Settings > Battery as to your battery health %?

How long can you use your iPhone X on this 1% battery power before it shuts off?

If your iPhone X is in otherwise good condition (such as no cracked screen) I would advise getting battery service at the Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider. At the Apple Stores in the US this runs $49.

May 24, 2019 11:59 PM in response to rcosta887

Well, the battery health was telling me quite a few different things so first, back when it would restart & be at 1% it’d say “Service”.

Next when the phone was back to stating the actual battery percentage, the battery health wouldn’t even show up & whenever I tapped on the health tab it would just give me the spinning circle and would just do that. I left the phone & sat on that screen for over an hour with no change.

Now as of this recent update (12.3.1), siri works again & now the battery health shows up. This time stating 87% on the Maximum status tab. It also says I’m still operating under normal Peak Performance Capability.

Honestly I don’t know if this recent patch did anything or what, but I haven’t experienced another reset as of typing this. I was gonna head to verizon first to see what they’d say because the nearest apple store to me is in the next state north.

I’ll put a pin in that too for now unless the problem rears it’s head again but thanks for the answers & help you gave.

Iphone X restarts & battery drops to 1%

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.