Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup and WhatsApp messages

Hello! There is more then 1 backup stored in the iCloud? The real question is that I can restore, for example, the backup from 2 years ago and to see the WhatsApp messages, even the deleted ones, from that period of time? If it’s possible how I can do that? I am only finding the last backup, not the backup made some 2 years ago.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on May 21, 2019 11:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2019 12:11 PM

Every daily iCloud backup replaces the previous backup. iCloud backups are not cumulative nor archived over time. There will only ever be one backup file per device in your iCloud account and that will be the most recent backup performed.

3 replies

May 22, 2019 12:05 PM in response to ciprian27

Hello ciprian27,

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities! I understand that you have some questions about iCloud backups. I'm happy to provide you some information.

Here are a few resources that can assist you:

What does iCloud back up?

iCloud: Restore or set up iOS devices from an iCloud backup

Please keep in mind that when you recover from a previous backup any newer information not on that backup will be erased from your device.

If you are still having issues after reviewing the articles, please let me know.

Have a great day!

iCloud backup and WhatsApp messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.