Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Red and blue horizontal lines appearing when opening a safari link

Whenever I open a link through safari on my MacBook Air it always shows up with this striped red and blue screen for a couple of seconds before my link appears on the screen. Any solutions? Thanks

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 22, 2019 1:49 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 22, 2019 2:05 PM

Hi Danw1nter,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're seeing some unexpected vertical lines in Safari.

Does this happen when you open Safari initially as well, or if you open a new tab? Or is it only happening when you click a link in Safari?

Do you see similar behavior with any other apps or functions?

Which macOS version are you using under Apple menu () > About This Mac?

Does it help if you click Apple menu () > Restart and try again?

If not, I recommend booting your Mac into safe mode to test. This runs a quick diagnostic/repair and then prevents certain items from loading on startup: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. Once you reach your desktop in safe mode, test to see if you can replicate the issue. Then click Apple menu () > Restart to get back to normal. If you find Safari works as expected in safe mode, try the recommendations under the "If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode" section of the link above.

I hope this helps get you started.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 22, 2019 2:05 PM in response to Danw1nter

Hi Danw1nter,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're seeing some unexpected vertical lines in Safari.

Does this happen when you open Safari initially as well, or if you open a new tab? Or is it only happening when you click a link in Safari?

Do you see similar behavior with any other apps or functions?

Which macOS version are you using under Apple menu () > About This Mac?

Does it help if you click Apple menu () > Restart and try again?

If not, I recommend booting your Mac into safe mode to test. This runs a quick diagnostic/repair and then prevents certain items from loading on startup: Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac. Once you reach your desktop in safe mode, test to see if you can replicate the issue. Then click Apple menu () > Restart to get back to normal. If you find Safari works as expected in safe mode, try the recommendations under the "If an issue doesn't happen in safe mode" section of the link above.

I hope this helps get you started.

Cheers.

Red and blue horizontal lines appearing when opening a safari link

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.