Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Control center will not open with swipe

iPhone 7

iOs 12.2

have restarted

have force restarted

have removed all items from control center/restarted/added 1 item back—still unable to swipe open control screen

iPhone 7

Posted on May 22, 2019 11:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 8:49 AM

Hello sassasadie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that the Control Center will not swipe open. I am happy to help.

It appears your iPhone needs to be updated to iOS 12.3. Let's go ahead and update your iPhone first. The article will help out with that.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Before you update, I suggest making sure you have a current backup. It's always good to keep a current backup to keep your data safe. The article below will help you to complete a backup on your iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let's take a look at the article below for help with the Control Center.

Use and customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you're still experiencing the same behavior let me know.

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2019 8:49 AM in response to sassasadie

Hello sassasadie,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand from your post that the Control Center will not swipe open. I am happy to help.

It appears your iPhone needs to be updated to iOS 12.3. Let's go ahead and update your iPhone first. The article will help out with that.

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Before you update, I suggest making sure you have a current backup. It's always good to keep a current backup to keep your data safe. The article below will help you to complete a backup on your iPhone.

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Let's take a look at the article below for help with the Control Center.

Use and customize Control Center on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

If you're still experiencing the same behavior let me know.

Have a great day!

Control center will not open with swipe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.