Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos

When I import photos it says they are successfully imported but they don’t show up in imports or moments. Also when I delete pictures I can still see them in photos unless I delete them from recently deleted and exit the app the go back on. Does anyone know why this happens? I have tried repairing photos but it doesn’t seem to help.

MacBook

Posted on May 22, 2019 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 11:59 AM

What is the file format of the photos you are trying to import?

Is the format compatible with Photos? See this list of compatible RAW formats: Digital camera RAW formats supported by iOS 12 and macOS Mojave - Apple Support

3 replies

May 28, 2019 12:25 PM in response to papaya_oyl

You're welcome 😊

I am glad your Mac is back to normal.

I have seen this problem quite a lot on my Macs, when I am importing photos. They tend to vanish for a while right after importing them, and then turn up again. In my case I think it is due to iCloud Photos. It looks like the photos will only appear in Photos, after they have been synced to iCloud and merged into the Photos Library in iCloud.

Photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.