Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mac only charges when i push the charger and hold it in that position

My mac only charges when i push the charger and hold it in that position and i did change the original charger but the new charger stopped working after around 6 months, is there any fix to this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air

Posted on May 23, 2019 2:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 8:32 AM

You don't mention the exact MacBook Air (MBA) model that you have, but it may be possible that the charging port on your MBA is damaged. I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look an provide you with your options.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2019 8:32 AM in response to rohan4512

You don't mention the exact MacBook Air (MBA) model that you have, but it may be possible that the charging port on your MBA is damaged. I suggest that you make a Genius Bar appointment at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider to have them take a look an provide you with your options.

My mac only charges when i push the charger and hold it in that position

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.