Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switch to new Apple Watch series 5

Let’s say I get the Apple Watch series 4 now, when the series 5 gets released, will I be able to trade in my series 4 for the series 5? Has anyone ever traded their series 3 for a series 4?

Apple Watch

Posted on May 23, 2019 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 7:13 AM

Not for free. You can trade in your Series 4, and get a gift card with the estimated value of your series 4 which you can then use to buy the Series 5 (if and when it is released). You will in all likelihood need to add some extra money to cover the price difference. In other words you won't get a free upgrade to the series 5 if that's what you are asking.

See here: Apple Trade In - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2019 7:13 AM in response to apichatlee

Not for free. You can trade in your Series 4, and get a gift card with the estimated value of your series 4 which you can then use to buy the Series 5 (if and when it is released). You will in all likelihood need to add some extra money to cover the price difference. In other words you won't get a free upgrade to the series 5 if that's what you are asking.

See here: Apple Trade In - Apple

Switch to new Apple Watch series 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.