Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I transfer an apple store gift card to itunes?

I inadvertently bought an apple store gift card but would like to transfer to iTunes, is this possible?

iPad, 12

Posted on May 23, 2019 1:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 8:19 PM

No.

What type of gift card do I have? - https://support.apple.com/HT204199

15 replies

May 26, 2019 4:55 PM in response to question_for_apple

question_for_apple wrote:

I'd give up the $10 because there will never be anything on the apple store for $10.

I understand the use of gift cards, I just have no use for an Apple Store Gift card!

It was my dumb mistake of getting the card, i was just hoping to transfer its balance to something I could actually use

But you can still use the $10 to buy something more expensive, the gift card will just take off $10 from the price of the item, and you pay the rest with cash, or a credit card or something else.

There's no requirement that what you are buying has to be exactly the amount available on the card or less. You can combine the card with other payment methods.

May 27, 2019 6:13 AM in response to Phil0124

Folks,

I understand how these cards work and how to use them and how to spend/save the money on them. My point is, I inadvertently signed up for the wrong card and am frustrated I cannot transfer the balance to iTunes. I have no need for anything in the apple store, nor do I anticipate a need for any items in the store. I do however purchase items in iTunes often and would like that money transferred so I can purchase something.

Can I transfer an apple store gift card to itunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.