Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Sign In To iTunes Store" messages for Apple IDs that aren't mine

I just got a new iPhone, and every day or so I get a series of about 7 or 8 pop ups in a row to "Sign In to iTunes Store" for some spammy-looking email addresses/Apple IDs. The strange thing is I remember this happening when I got my last phone but I don't know how I got them to stop or if they stopped on their own. I've had this phone for about a month now and they're not going away.

Some of the Apple IDs that pop up:

...And others like that. Why is my phone thinking these Apple IDs are active on my phone somewhere? Do I have some rogue application that's registered in their name or something? Is there a way to even tell?

[Personal Information Edited by Moderator]

iPhone XS, iOS 12

Posted on May 23, 2019 2:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 23, 2019 2:41 PM

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 23, 2019 2:41 PM in response to iPenguin67

Check the App Store and iTunes Store to see if there are any updates for apps/purchases. A request for another Apple ID password is often caused by updates to apps/purchases that were made when using the other ID. Those purchases are tied to the other ID and can't be transferred. One option is to delete the apps/purchases made by the other ID and download them using the new ID if desired. If necessary, check your purchases history to see which apps/purchases weren’t made by the current ID. 

Purchase History Review

May 24, 2019 10:14 AM in response to Eric Root

I don't see how that is possible. The Purchases History doesn't list which Apple ID bought it because purchases are grouped by Apple ID. In other words, I have to click on my Apple ID and provide my passcode before I can even see my purchases list. And there are no other Apple IDs available to me from that iTunes & App Store settings screen of my phone.

Jun 13, 2019 1:43 PM in response to Eric Root

I looked through all the apps on my phone and I know that I downloaded or purchased each of them. I deleted some older ones I haven't used in a long time just in case, but the problem persists. Moreover, there would have to be 8 or 9 apps that were linked to someone else's account, since there are 8 or 9 consecutive pop-ups with different email addresses.

What other things are tied to an Apple ID that might cause those prompts to fire? If it helps, I've noticed they seem to be triggered mostly when cellular service is bad (losing service and reconnecting) or possibly shifting to a different cell tower. I rarely if ever notice on wifi.

One note -- I also checked all my purchased music to make sure it was my Apple ID being used. However, I don't know if there are other music files that are not in my "Purchased" folder that might have a different Apple ID linked, but that info seems buried enough that I wouldn't even know where to begin searching. It would be a needle in a haystack given my 10s of thousands of songs.

"Sign In To iTunes Store" messages for Apple IDs that aren't mine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.