Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download music from apple music

I get a white screen with a rotating pinwheel

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on May 23, 2019 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 24, 2019 12:34 PM

I have had the exact same problem for the last week or so on a Windows 10 system, everytime I try to add something to my library I get a black window followed by a white window with the spinning wheel untill I kill it.

3 replies

May 24, 2019 10:03 AM in response to dkmcmanimon

Hello dkmcmanimon,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you’re having trouble downloading music within Apple Music. I’m happy to help.

To start, I suggest trying the steps in this article:

Get help with iCloud Music Library - Apple Support

If the issue persists, I suggest restarting your device and trying a different Wi-Fi network. Should that not help, you’ll want to sign out of, and then back into Apple Music. This will remove any songs you’ve made available for offline play, and you’ll need to redownload them once you’ve signed back in.

To sign out, tap Settings > iTunes & App Store > [Apple ID] > Sign Out. Once you’ve logged back in, you’ll want to make sure that iCloud Music Library is enabled by tapping Settings > Music.

Let me know if that helps.

Take care.

May 24, 2019 11:57 AM in response to chris_g1

No this did not help. The problem was caused by security changes done by apple. For some reason on a MacBook a widow opened that was supposed to display a page that had options/input buttons that allowed me to approve security updates. On a MacBook that widow was blank with a spinning wheel, allowed no input and created an error icon in the upper right window of the Apple music download page. Apple software was faulty. The solution as indicated in another post was to download music on my iPhone. When that was done a window opened that allowed me to update the security and download.

Once that was completed on the iPhone, the security preferences were also satisified on the MacBook and i could download music on my MacBook..

I found this solution by copying the exact error message from the small orange error message that opened in the upper right hand corner of the Apple store page.

IN SUMMARY: APPLE GOOFED WITH THEIR SECURITY PAGE FOR MACBOOKS (& MACS???) AND OBVIOUSLY WERE IN NO HURRY TO FIX THE PROBLEM SINCE THIS PROBLEM OCCURRED FOR MANY DAYS.

Cannot download music from apple music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.